Welcome To The Random Thoughts That Make Up My Universe

"My brain is just a jellyfish in the ocean of my head..."

Thursday, April 15, 2010

HR Block: the bad and the good...

This was my dealings with HR Block:

Your transcript is shown below.
You have been connected to James W..
James W.: Hello and Welcome to the H&R Block support Chat site. I Am James and would like to extend a heart felt thank you for choosing H&R Block we are proud to have you as a client. Please allow me a moment to review the information you have given me here?
James W.: First I am going to need to verify some information? Is this the e-mail address as listed on the return? I am also going to need you to verify your
Full name:
Address:
Date of Birth:
Last four of the social security number on the return :
Phone number:
please?
Marc : Marc************
Marc : **************
Marc : **************
Marc : **************
James W.: Thank you.
James W.: Do you know your username please?
Marc : **************
Marc : I literally went through everything and it said i successfully reset my password
Marc : but then it wouldnt let me log in
Marc : and now Im locked out for the next 20 mins
Marc : maybe 10 now
James W.: The username is correct.
James W.: **************
James W.: Is this your security question please?
James W.: What was the name of your elementary school?
Marc : yes
Marc : desoto trail
James W.: Do you remember anything, that is correct.
James W.: desoto trail
Marc : ???
James W.: Is there anything else we are able to assist you with today?
Marc : um
Marc : you havent assisted me yet.

Marc : Marc : I literally went through everything and it said i successfully reset my password
Marc : but then it wouldnt let me log in
Marc : and now Im locked out for the next 20 mins
James W.: desoto trail (***See Note***)
Marc : let me sum it up
Marc : I would like to log in
Marc : please help
James W.: You will have to wait the 20 minutes I am not able to reset the password.
Marc : ok
Marc : i know
James W.: I do apologize for the inconvenienc
Marc : my problem was that i DID reset the password and it didnt let me log in
Marc : why didnt it work?
Marc : why will it work if i do ALL of that again, just the same way?
James W.: I do not know just remember that everything is case sensitive.


(***See Note***): I left in this answer because of the complete randomness that he inserts it into the conversation.

I have obviously changed my security question.



I found this funny and posted a tweet about how ridiculous online "chat assistance" is on websites (had problems with multiple other sites). Here is my tweet:

Why is it that every online chat "assistant" is a freaking moron @HRBLOCK you suck. Asked me if I needed anything ELSE when hadnt helped yet



Surprisingly, H&R Block had immediate response time (and on today of all days!!!). I am HIGHLY impressed with their care for customer service. Here is their tweet not 12 mins later:

@ithinkchaos Marc, I'm here to help! DM your contact info and let's get this taken care of! ^KG



I am extremely impressed. I was only slightly pissed at you for the chat session. You guys still rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment