Welcome To The Random Thoughts That Make Up My Universe

"My brain is just a jellyfish in the ocean of my head..."

Monday, May 24, 2010

Mark Twain's Predictions...

After a 100 year delayed request by the author, Mark Twain's autobiography comes out this year :-)

With that information, I figured I'd share a prediction he had:

"I came in with Halley's Comet in 1835. It is coming again next year, and I expect to go out with it. It will be the greatest disappointment of my life if I don't go out with Halley's Comet. The Almighty has said, no doubt: 'Now here are these two unaccountable freaks; they came in together, they must go out together." Mark Twain (1909)


His prediction was accurate – Twain died of a heart attack on April 21, 1910, one day after the comet's closest approach to Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment