Welcome To The Random Thoughts That Make Up My Universe

"My brain is just a jellyfish in the ocean of my head..."

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

This is the story of my life...

Seriously...luck is always AGAINST me.

Knowing this, maybe from now on I should plan accordingly...



From an online poker game:

PokerStars Game #43897413274: Tournament #271460707
Table '271460707 5' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: lshel (19353 in chips)

(This player has been playing loose the entire tourney)

Seat 3: ithinkchaos (26032 in chips)
Seat 6: CRAZY.DONG (22115 in chips)
lshel: posts the ante 75
ithinkchaos: posts the ante 75
CRAZY.DONG: posts the ante 75
CRAZY.DONG: posts small blind 600
lshel: posts big blind 1200

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to lshel [8h 7c]
Dealt to ithinkchaos [Js 9s]
ithinkchaos: raises 1200 to 2400
Dealt to lshel [8h 7c]

(This is where I raise DOUBLE the big blind)

CRAZY.DONG: folds
lshel: calls 1200

(This is where he calls with 8, 7 off suit - makes sense)



*** FLOP *** [8c Jd 4d]
lshel: bets 16878 and is all-in

(Here he pushes all-in w/ middle pair, NO kicker)


ithinkchaos: calls 16878

(This is where I call him w/ top pair)



When I call him and the cards are shown, I believe I am in a FIRM lead with my top pair to his 8's with a 7 kicker...if only I took in to account MY luck. If only...


*** TURN *** [8c Jd 4d] [8d]

(This is where god hates me and he trips up on his 8's)


The only card that can save me is if a Jack comes. That means there are only 2 cards in the entire deck that can make me win, every SINGLE other card will result with my loss...


*** RIVER *** [8c Jd 4d 8d] [7h]

ithinkchaos said, "hahahahahaha"


This card, however NOT needed to secure the win for Ishel, is proof that there is a god and that he/she/it/whatever is not a huge fan of me.

In other words: This card was a COMPLETE slap to the face.



*** SHOW DOWN ***

lshel: shows [8h 7c] (a full house, Eights full of Sevens)
ithinkchaos: shows [Js 9s] (two pair, Jacks and Eights)
lshel collected 39381 from pot
ithinkchaos said, "story"
ithinkchaos said, "of"
ithinkchaos said, "my"
ithinkchaos said, "life"

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 39381 | Rake 0
Board [8c Jd 4d 8d 7h]
Seat 1: lshel (big blind) showed [8h 7c] and won (39381) with a full house, Eights full of Sevens
Seat 3: ithinkchaos (button) showed [Js 9s] and lost with two pair, Jacks and Eights
Seat 6: CRAZY.DONG (small blind) folded before Flop


Hence, this is the story of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment